- The school was built in 1853 in Neoclassic style
- After the Design Biennial 2012 the 13th Istanbul Art Biennial used the school as a venue
- The building was confiscated by the State Treasory 1989 from a greek-turkish foundation
- After 23 years the building was given back to the greek turkish foundation in March 2012
- The building itself is a treasure box with magnificant views to all sides
- The heads of the Foundation want to turn it into a museum
- View from the school: Getronagan Armenian Church in Karaköy
The school is used as a Biennial venue for the second time. The exodus of the Greek population of Turkey started after the foundation of the republic. A pogrom against the greek population in 1955 made lots of Istanbulian greeks leave. The schools were left behind orphaned.